Saturday, July 6, 2013

Quilting Sketch Book.....Feathers with a Filled Spine



This is a basic feather design:






When you draw out a double or hollow spine

and fill it with a design...


you get a feather with a filled spine






Feather with a Filled Spine




This is how I draw and stitch it out:


I try to avoid back tracking 

when stitching out a design,

but sometimes it can't be helped.

I do back track in number 5 on the left side,

to get back down to the base to draw the feathers

on the left side of the spine.




Check out what is happening in the back yard:



Climbing Rose on the patio...






Red Dahlias
















The yearling cattle come up to the back yard fence:


They want to know if Gunnr can come out and play?






Yes, Gunnr is always ready to play with the calves!









My favorite yearling calves.....this year:









Life in the back yard......beautiful this time of year!




CLICK HERE to view my online Sketch Book



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

No comments:

Post a Comment