Sunday, July 7, 2013

Quilting Sketch Book.....Background Fill



A great way to fill in the background space

of your quilts is...



Chalk out a random line like the one above...






....then add plumes to the line




 Here's another one:


This line is a series of question mark shapes...






This is what it looks like when you add plumes.





I think you are getting the idea...


Draw or chalk out lines....then fill them in.

Give it a try!




What's happening out of doors:


The Thread Shed is the building on the left.

The Hen House is on the right.




The Hen House has a new coat

 of Bubble Gum Red Paint:


Our cousin is here painting

the out buildings for us

this summer.....yay!






The hens and rooster are enjoying watermelon for

breakfast today!






We took a ride to the hay field this evening...







...to check up on Brad....baling hay







This is Chris....our painter

Chris is very tall....he dwarfs 

these 700 pound hay bales.






Brad is finishing up this field, 

then will be home for dinner.




CLICK HERE to view my Thread Shed


CLICK HERE to view My Tutorials


CLICK HERE to view my online Sketch Book



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

3 comments:

  1. If my hens find out there are people who give their chickens watermelon slices that have not been eaten down to the rind (before hand) I will never hear the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your photos. They feel like home with a touch of Van Gogh. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. By chance have you done any such doodling of feathers inside of a large heart motif? If not, would you be willing to do such a drawing for me to share on my blog with link back to you?
    Part of the 2015 FMQ Challenge which I'll be announcing shortly.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete