Sunday, September 6, 2009

Painted Fusible, Shave Cream Printing, Photo Transfer


Click Images to Enlarge:

Sage Journal Quilt

This piece of green painted fusible web was given to me by Nancy Bryant
I missed her Painted Fusible class a few months ago.



The Painted Fusible is in the center of the quilt.

The fusible is a beautiful sage color of green which inspired me to use this botanical fabric print to enhance the fusible web.



Leaf Applique Close-Up view

The painted fusible created such an interesting and textured background behind the applique leaves.
I plan to try this technique again.
Thank You Nancy for encouraging me to try the Painted Fusible technique.


To find out more about Painted Fusible CLICK HERE



Shave Cream Printing

I am taking this piece with me to a class in Idaho next week.
I plan to demonstrate Shave Cream Monoprinting.

I just love it when I find the perfect border fabric right in my own fabric cupboard here at home.



Under The Sea
Shave Cream Printing
Another class sample for the Idaho workshop next week.

This is a difficult piece to photograph. It is too dark with no flash, and all washed out with a flash. I struggled with this, and this photo doesn't do this piece justice.
The green border is not that dark.



Under The Sea

Couched fibers over the top of the shaving cream print in the center.
I used invisible thread and the darning foot on the sewing machine.
No zig zag stitching, just straight sewing, free motion stitching, the fibers are not squished down flat......I am happy with this piece.


To find about more about Shave Cream Printing CLICK HERE and CLICK HERE


PEACE

This is the very last piece I completed for my show on September 15th.
It is a photo transfer quilt of images of my son.


I used a thumbtack and tape to make the circles.
The circles are the only quilting on this piece.



This is another piece that was very difficult to photograph.
I think I need to take a photography class to learn more about my camera.


What a great find when I ran across the yellow hand fabric.
It is located on the far right edge of the quilt
It is just too perfect with this image of the peace fingers!



Pink Hydrangea

This hydrangea bush grows just outside the Thread Shed entrance.




Grape leaf

The nights are cool and the grape leaves are turning red and purple.
Fall is on its way



Laundry on the Line

Our days are still in the 80's so I can keep hanging the laundry on the line.


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

To see my New Work CLICK HERE

To see the Thread Shed CLICK HERE

To see my Exhibit Quilts CLICK HERE

To see Tutorials CLICK HERE

2 comments:

  1. WOW! These are so creative. I love your results. Where could I go to find out more about these dye techniques?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet,
    I will go back into this post and add links for you to click on to see how these techniques are done.
    Thanks for asking,
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete