Saturday, September 26, 2009

Evolution of a Quilter......


It's Up...

You can see my quilt exhibit:

The Evolution of a Quilter

I work in my home studio, built by my husband Brad, in Harlan, Oregon. The studio is affectionately known as "The Thread Shed." It brings me joy and is my Happy Place. When I am out there hours go by without my even knowing it. Like all quilts, mine are not just quilts, they are stories about imagination, passion, perseverance, dedication and love. Each quilt contains a lesson for me, and with each one my skills have grown.

My quilts are greatly influenced by life on a ranch in the Harlan Valley. In recent years I have blended a love of photography, gardening and quilting together. I feel my work is taking on a more contemporary look and this excites me. I also feel it is important to display my original quilts, as my older work defines who I am today.

For me, quilts represent the beauty that I need and I want in my everyday life, the beauty that I want to share with others.

Please enjoy the quilts!

On display through October 26, 2009

Unitarian Fellowship Church

2945 NW Circle Blvd.
Corvallis, OR 97330
541-752-5218

http://www.uucorvallis.org/currentarttitcont.php

Open Daily: 9:30 - 1:30


My Quilts can be viewed by CLICKING HERE

To see my New Work CLICK HERE

To see the Thread Shed CLICK HERE

To see my Exhibit Quilts CLICK HERE

To see Tutorials CLICK HERE

5 comments:

  1. your sunflower quilt is simply stunning. congratulations on such a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched you working on this for a while...it is stupendous! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a well written expression of your passion for quilting and your creative growth as an artist. The sunflower quilt is gorgeous and truly represents your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Beautiful sunflower quilt. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many Thanks to all of you for your kind and supportive words about my quilts.
    Preparing for this exhibit has been a time of personal growth for me. I rarely give my personal quilts a deadline for completion. Much too often they are put on the back burn while I am finishing quilts for clases I am teaching, family, friends, charity & fundraising efforts, quilt shows, etc. I have finally learned to put my name at the top of the to-do-list.
    Again, thank you for your comments.
    LuAnn in Oregon

    ReplyDelete