Sunday, September 27, 2009

Evolution of a Quilter -Virtual Tour of Exhibit



I stopped in at the exhibit last week and snapped a few photos to share with those of you who are not able to see the show in person.

There are 30 quilts in the show.
I will share a few images each day with you.

Enjoy this virtual Quilt Exhibit Tour


Click Images to Enlarge:
Postcards created for the exhibit



Sunflowers
100 x 100 Inches

This quilt is so large I was not able to get the entire image in the view finder of the camera.


You can see the chickens on the bottom portion of the quilt in this photo.



Close Up View of Quilting on the Rooster



Close Up View of Quilting on the Hen



Close Up View of the Quilting on the Sunflower


Signage for Quilt at Exhibit:

Sunflowers

Inspired by the sunflowers grown in the front yard and by my favorite quilting friend, Linda.

Created over the course of 5 summers, while I was inspired by the real sunflowers that were growing.

This quilt was a joy and a pleasure from start to finish.

The machine quilting was accomplished

on my little Bernina QE 153

LuAnn McDonald Kessi

Harlan, Oregon

http://luannkessi.blogspot.com/

Techniques: Strip Piecing, Fusible Web Appliqué, Machine Appliqué, Free Motion Machine Quilting, Original Design


I have learned, as a rule of thumb, never to ask whether you can do something. Say, instead, that you are doing it. Then fasten your seat belt. The most remarkable things follow. --Julia Cameron



To see my New Work CLICK HERE

To see the Thread Shed CLICK HERE

To see my Exhibit Quilts CLICK HERE

To see Tutorials CLICK HERE

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. Great designs, colors, fabric and quilting. I really enjoyed this virtual tour.

    Thank you for sharing. Inspirational.


    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete