Friday, January 22, 2010

Organizing.......A Fresh Start


It feels so good to get everything all cleaned up and in order after completing a big quilting project...

Click Images to Enlarge:

Textile Paints

I have been using textile paints the last couple of years.
It was about time they had their own storage area.
These blue bins from the Dollar Store work perfect.
I am able to sort the paints, brushes and mediums.



Fiber Storage Unit

I have also been using different fibers for couching on textiles.
This set of drawers from the thrift store was just right to sort out the fibers.



The top drawer holds the smaller finer fibers
The middle drawer holds the fuzzy fibers
The bottom drawer holds the big knotty fibers



Newly organized corner of the Thread Shed



Donation Fabrics
The best part of all this cleaning and organizing was culling out nearly 50 lbs of fabrics to donate to different groups I belong to.

Every few years go through your stash. Your skills and taste change over the years and you will find you have outgrown many of your earlier fabric choices.

Why not let someone else make good use of them.

I have now made room for newer fabrics, which were in piles here and there all over the room. They are all sorted and tucked away in the cupboards, and best of all so easy to find when I need them.



Tool Box

This came home with me from the thrift store last week.
I knew just exactly what it would be perfect for...



Hot Fix Crystals

It holds the hotfix crystal wands and all of the crystals.

Now you know why I haven't posted for 2 weeks.....all of this organizing takes time!

I hope I have inspired some of you to take a good long look around your creative area, and make some improvements to your working environment. When you work in an organized manner, you can find things quicker and keep those creative juices flowing. If I have to look around for something for an hour or two.....the moment of creation has passed and I am onto something else, and usually frustrated.

May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

To see my New Work CLICK HERE

To see the Thread Shed CLICK HERE

To see my Exhibit Quilts CLICK HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment