Saturday, January 23, 2010

Moose Lodge......Innies & Outies


Machine Quilting the Moose Lodge Quilt

Click Images to Enlarge:

This is a large lap size or a single bed sized quilt.
It is meant as a personal quilt for my uncle, not a wall ornament.
My objective is to heavily quilt this so it will stay together through use and repeated washings.

Innies & Outies motif is perfect for the central part of the quilt.
Thanks to Patsy Thompson & her fabulous DVD's I can do innies & outies!



Innies & Outies
Good background fill, quick and also lots of fun to do!



I like the curvy lines of the quilting stitches against the straight lines of the pieced blocks.



3 hours later, the center of the quilt is done.

Next comes the fun part......the border quilting.....the TREES!



Daffodil Buds

These were just popping out of the ground in December when we were decorating the Christmas Tree.
The winters are quite mild here in the Coastal Mountain Range of Western Oregon.



Tulips Sprouting

I know it is January and most of you are covered in snow....
but our Tulips think it is spring time!
We are forced to plant tulips in containers...the moles eat the tulip bulbs like they are dessert!


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

To see my New Work CLICK HERE

To see the Thread Shed CLICK HERE

To see my Exhibit Quilts CLICK HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment