Monday, December 18, 2023

Horse Quilt Top...

 

I took this off the design wall...



It is time to put this quilt top together...





I piled the quilt blocks and

flying geese units on a design board

so they can travel easily to the machine...





It took a bit of measuring and fudging

to get the quilt blocks to fit nicely

along the sides of the horse panel...





The flying geese units

were a bit of a chore to get them to fit

the quilt and keep all the points pointy...





I had to do lots of fudging on the seam allowances

to get the flying geese borders to fit...





We are ready for the final borders...





After auditioning too many fabrics,

this distressed brown fabric made the cut...





That final dark brown border really

makes that light inner pieced border just shine !




It is good to have this off the design wall

and all pieced together.

I am hoping to have some time after

the holidays to get it under the needle

and get some machine quilting done.


View my Instagram feed HERE


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

6 comments:

  1. I was not ready to read that the word "fudging" is part of your vocabulary! Your work looks always so pretty and perfect. Merry Christmas from Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always considered "fudging" to be one of a quilters finest skills ! You gave me a good laugh...thanks so much for your very fun comments!

      Happy Holidays To You,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. It's so pretty.
    You have some gorgeous quilts to change out.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Marilyn. My Cowboy enjoys changing out the quilts on the living room wall. I walk in the door and he has a different one up on the wall.

      Happy Holidays To You,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. I love the coordinating fabrics. You have a real knack for that! You haven’t come to my inbox in a while. So glad to have you backšŸ¤·‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your very sweet comments!

      Happy Holidays from Western Oregon,
      LuAnn

      Delete