Monday, September 27, 2021

Shearing Sheep


The Sheep Shearer is on the way...

 


The sheep are waiting in the barn...





I'm not fat......I'm FLUFFY !





The little white face on the right is the mama...

The black and white face is her son, Arthur.



The sheep shearer is here:


The Hooves are trimmed...





The shearing only takes a few minutes...





Look at all the fleece that was sheared off !





Wow....they look great !




Bernie the dog wonders, "I hope I'm not next."


Enjoy the video:



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi


6 comments:

  1. Great video for us city folks. How soon does some grow out to keep them warm for winter ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Yanez,
      The sheep are sheared twice a year! The wool grows so quickly, they don't have time to get chilled.

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. The sheep look so different after they are sheared!! What do you do with the wool, keep or sell? I always thought sheep were sheared in the spring so they wouldn't have their wooly coats for the hot summer and would have enough time to re-grow their coat for winter. I didn't even know you had sheep - is this the first time showing them? How are the goats doing - any kids this past year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Farm Quilter,
      Sheep are sheared twice a year. They are sheared just before lambing so the lambs can nurse easily. The wool grows so quickly, they don't have time to get cold.

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. That brought back memories for me - thank you! I was an exchange student in Australia for a year (almost 49 years ago), and was lucky to spend a week on a sheep farm. I helped with the sorting of the wool in the shearing shed, and was amazed at how fast those shearers were. I learned out to use a shotgun, and a few of the farm tasks. What a wonderful experience....thanks again! Deb E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb,
      Yes, those sheep shearers are fast....shearing hundred a day! Always FUN to watch them in action.

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete