Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Portrait Quilts.....A Blast from the Past


Let's go back 10 years...

I was having lots of FUN creating

PORTRAIT QUILTS 


Image of Lilly





Close Up View......Lilly





The fabric surrounding this portrait is 

my hand dyed fabric that I screen printed on.

Machine quilted.





My Favorite Cow and her calf...





Finished Quilt

I use Neocolor II Crayons on cotton fabric




Ram

I took a photo at the Oregon State Fair.

It made a great subject for this portrait quilt.





Kindra





Lilly





A herd of Wild Horses

This is yet to be quilted.





Captain America and Devn

This is yet to be quilted.





The Cowboy unloading hay

This is yet to be quilted.





Gunnr

This portrait quilt was included in the

2012 Quilting Arts Calendar




Gunnr with his portrait quilt





Rose Portrait Quilt.....in progress






Orange Zinnia Portrait Quilt





Close Up View.....metallic threads





The Neocolor II is applied to the cotton fabric,

then water is painted over the Neocolor II

which creates vibrant colors...




CLICK HERE to watch me create this Zinnia quilt


Thanks for sharing this great trip 

down memory lane!


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful!!!! Love seering your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanks Robbie! It was lots of FUN looking back.

      Take Care,
      LuAnn

      Delete