Saturday, April 3, 2010

Woven Quilt........Class Sample



Click Images to Enlarge:


Today I am making a Woven Quilt for a class sample.
I chose some solid looking batiks and some fibers in different weights.
Let's see what happens...




This was Fun!
I tore all of the strips, no rotary cutting.

I used the same weaving technique I developed for my Cow Pony Quilt.
CLICK HERE to see the Tutorial




Canvas Stretcher Board

I decided to mount this woven quilt on a stretcher board.
This will help support the weight of the piece.




Canvas covered in black batik fabric




Installing a picture hook on the back of the canvas

This is my Thread Shed Toolbox........it holds very different tools than my regular tool box in the house!




I stitched the quilt through the canvas to hold it in place.
This also gives me the option of removing the quilt from the canvas if I need to.




Quilt Label fused to the back of the canvas




" Weaving My Dreams "




Beads sewn on by hand




Beads strung on to the fibers hanging at the bottom.


This project was free spirited for me........I am a recovering Perfectionist........and ripping fabric with stray threads dangling here and there is not my norm.........but I enjoyed every minute of it.........thus the name.........Weaving My Dreams.

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to see the Cow Pony Rust Woven Quilt

CLICK HERE to see the Cow Pony Slideshow

CLICK HERE to see Woven Sunshine Quilt (my very first woven quilt)



May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn


No comments:

Post a Comment