Sunday, April 4, 2010

Woven Quilt........Class Sample 2



Click Images to Enlarge:


Inspiration

I keep a pile of trimmings on my cutting table.
This is what I am using to inspire my next woven quilt.
Let's see what happens...




I separated my black and white stash into just that.......Blacks & Whites

Here are the black strips pinned down to the insulation board
The strips are cut randomly between 3/4 to 1 1/4 inches.

Underneath the strips is a 9 x 12 inch piece of fusible interfacing.
The black strips are laying against the fusible side.




The white strips have been woven horizontally through the black strips




Keep the piece on the weaving board....
Press the strips onto the fusible interfacing.
This will keep the strips from shifting.




Remove the strips from the weaving board.
Flip the piece over and iron directly on the fusible interfacing.
This will help keep everything secure.




Laying face down, trim off the excess strips.
Your piece will measure 9 x 12 inches.




Weaving is complete...
You are ready to add borders.




I just had to add the pink inner border as a zinger!




Thread Audition...

I chose shiny rayon, polyester and glitter threads




Bobbin Thread...

I am using a very fine weight Bottom Line thread in the bobbin
Remember.......tighten the bobbin screw to accommodate the thinner thread.
Right Tighty - Lefty Loosey




Machine Quilting...

Random wavy lines of quilting using ALL of the threads above.
This was very fun and freeing.




" It's not Always Black and White "

Woven Quilt Class Sample 2

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view Textile Art Workshop Slideshow

CLICK HERE to view Free Motion Quilting

CLICK HERE to view Photo Transfer Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

2 comments:

  1. What a great technique!
    Thank you for sharing,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much for your quilted zipper bag tutorial...ended up making 3!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete