Saturday, May 2, 2009

Quilts and Cattle

Yesterday I put together a few paper quilt tops
for a class I am teaching later this month.

Click Images to Enlarge:

Home Sweet Home
Paper Quilt


Papers from a vintage song book and a vintage tree book.
I rip the pages free hand, I like the rough edge it creates.


Flower Song
Paper Quilt


I plan to do quite a bit of threadwork on the large rose in the center.


Doors
Paper Quilt

I found an old book of doors........so many great doors. I want to make another quilt like this with rustic barn doors.

Bison
Paper Quilt


These images came from several different books. I found some great old national geographic books at the thrift store with so many beautiful images.

All of these paper quilts are ironed onto a sheet of fusible web. This not only holds the papers together, but stabilizes everything. These will be layered onto batting and fabric backing and free-motion quilted and bound.

Rainy today.........good day to head to the Thread Shed and stitch.

When I opened the door, I could see I wouldn't be alone today while I sewed.


The yearling cattle were just outside the window near the barn.


Today I did some applique work on the Sunflower Quilt. I am trying to finish this 100 x 100 inch quilt this month. I have a few more days of stitching, adding a few more sunflowers, chickens and grass, basting and quilting to do. I hope to have it completed for an exhibit in September.


CLICK HERE to view My Quilts


To see more on the Sunflower Quilt CLICK HERE

To see more on Paper Quilts CLICK HERE

To see my New Work CLICK HERE


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

2 comments:

  1. What a nice place to create. I am loving your sunflower quilt. On our farm in Michigan we always plant 5 to 20 acres of sunflowers. They are so beautiful in August and September. Your quilt made me instantly think of that. Thanks for the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth,
    I have always wanted to see a field of sunflowers in full bloom. The closest I ever came was passing through Nebraska in October.....the sunflowers were frozen and black.
    LuAnn in Oregon

    ReplyDelete