Sunday, July 4, 2010

Baling Hay...



I loaded up the dogs and headed down to the hay field this afternoon...


Click Images to Enlarge:


Brad is on the tractor baling up the hay field





The tractor straddles the hay row...
The red baler behind it scoops up the hay and rolls it into a big bale





When the bale reaches 6 foot in diameter, the baler kicks it out the back door.





The round bale rolls out onto the hay field...





The back door closes...





Then Brad continues down the row making the next bale...





Gunnr......in the hay field





He loves romping between the hay rows...





Jumping over the hay...





Life.....is good!






Brad is taking a break from baling...





Gunnr is so happy to see him!






Come on Brad.....let's play!





After a short visit with the dogs and I...
Brad is back on the tractor to finish baling the middle field



Let's watch the baler kick out another big bale...


The baler door opens...





The lever kicks out the finished bale...





The bale rolls out onto the field...





Brad's off to finish baling the rest of the field.


The dogs and I load up and head back down the road for home.

I am hoping to get the Thread Shed cleaned up after my fabric painting play day yesterday... wish me luck.

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view the Hay Field all Baled Up

CLICK HERE to view Quilted Sunflowers

CLICK HERE to view Student Work

CLICK HERE to view Class Sample Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

4 comments:

  1. That was neat to see, and my son (3 1/2) had me show him every image in the large size, and read it to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Camilla,
    Boys just love those big machines!

    LuAnn
    kessi@pioneer.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the good old days..except we didn't have this type of baler! We baled the old way and had to throw them on the wagon..but it was great life! Thanks for sharing your pics! It did bring back memories and I can almost smell the hay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't say enough how much I enjoy your blog & pictures. I too remember the old style balers; this is cool! Thanks for blogging about the everyday chores, as well as life in the Thread Shed.

    ReplyDelete