Thursday, September 12, 2024

Christmas Quilts...

I spent this week finishing up the

Christmas Quilts

I began in January of this year... 


The machine quilting is complete

on the Christmas Tree Quilt...





Time to trim off the rough edges...





The binding is ready to go...





I do most of my bindings by machine...





Large scale quilting...I love it !





Back side of binding...





Just need to get the label sewn on...




Ta-Done !





The Vintage Christmas quilt

is machine quilted...





Love those swirls and snowflakes...





Trimming off the rough edges...





The binding is pieced, pressed and ready

to stitch in place...





The red binding works nicely...











The label is sewn to the back and

it is ready to go !





So happy to have these done and ready

for two very special people.

I will give them at Thanksgiving

and they can sleep under them the whole

month of December.....FUN !


View my Instagram feed HERE


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi 


9 comments:

  1. Lovely quits! I like the red truck.🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting looks great! I too have a Christmas quilt to finish. I had not thought about gifting at Thanksgiving, but that's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jocelyn, Get it in gear and get it finished for Thanksgiving! The recipient will love snuggling under the whole month of December! Hugs, LuAnn

      Delete
  3. Very pretty Christmas quilts.
    Love the fabulous snowflakes & swirls.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Marilyn! I am happy with the way they turned out and so glad I started them in January...I usually procrastinate and put so much pressure on myself. We must get a bit wiser as time goes by?
      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  4. I swear: days in your neck of the woods must have 48 hours!!!! So much accomplished and so many lovely quilts! I too love that red truck. Annick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annick, You make me laugh! We all want more hours in the day now don't we! I quit watching TV 20 years ago. I also don't have a smart phone and I limit my time on the computer. That gives me lots of time at the sewing machine and driving the tractors.
      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  5. Great Christmas quilts! You did a beautiful job, and they will love them
    Linda E in NM

    ReplyDelete