Monday, September 16, 2024

Autumn Leaves Table Runner...

 

The leaves are just beginning to turn

color here in Western Oregon...


I am motivated to make this

Autumn Leaves table runner...





These are leftover scraps from a fall quilt

I made for our bed last year...

You can see the 





The work table is....set for FUN!





I have a few of the leaf units prepared...





This unit is the "kite" shape

and can be tricky to piece perfectly...





The pattern comes with this acrylic template 

so that you can trim the

kite unit with precision...





All 4 units are completed...





The kite unit lines up perfectly

with the rest of the leaf block...





I think this is the most striking

leaf block I have ever pieced...





I have used a tailor clapper on my

pieced seams for many years...

I have found so many of these in

thrift stores over the years...





The leaves are piling up...





I decided to make a 3 leaf runner...





Lots of fabric scraps leftover

to make a scrappy border treatment...





This was FUN.....I will make more !


Happy Fall !


View my Instagram feed HERE


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi 


2 comments:

  1. This is so very pretty, & perfect timing for Fall.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Marilyn. I have been saving those leftover fall fabrics from the quilt I made last year and was so happy to find a place for them.
      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete