Saturday, August 5, 2023

Unbridled.....Horse Quilt

 

I am still making my way through 

a pile of fabric panels

I have purchased over the years...


This horse panel is called...Unbridled



As soon as I put this panel up on the design wall,

I just knew I wanted to include big stars


I could not find a pattern 

so I made a star block of my own...

The star is paper pieced

then I cut it into a circle

and it is turned edge appliqued to the quilt top...





I like the way this is looking...

so I made more stars...





At this point a gold Stonehenge fabric

borders the horse panel and

the star borders are stitched in place...





Time to audition the final border fabrics...

a distressed dark brown on the left...

a distressed white on the right...





The brown border works just right !

I plan to do some FUN machine quilting

on that wide brown border.



Just outside the Thread Shed...


The butterflies are enjoying the 

pink coneflowers...





We have had more butterflies this year

than I can ever remember 

visiting our flower beds...











More To Come !


CLICK HERE to view all my Panel Quilts


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi


4 comments: