Saturday, March 18, 2023

Autumn Quilt Panel...

A gorgeous autumn quilt panel... 


These panels are so beautiful

and hard to resist when you see them

at the quilt shops...



especially when you already have a big stash

of landscape fabrics in your cupboard at home

that will compliment them:


I cut up a bunch of squares from the

landscape fabrics and started to

build maple leaf blocks...





This is an excellent quilt block reference...

Quick & Easy Block Tool

Directions for quilt blocks in 5 sizes !





It feels good to be using up some

of these stash fabrics !



Here come the leaf blocks:
































Here is a maple leaf block on the design board

ready to be stitched together...





Here is is all stitched together...




I put a few of them up on the design wall

to see if they play well with the panel:


The yellow background fabric in the leaf blocks

is a good contrast with the 

dark outer edges of the panel.





I have had this beautiful leaf fabric forever

and I am hoping to use it somewhere in this quilt.




I have about 18 maple leaf blocks

 complete and need 6 more...




I will stitch a few more together, as time allows,

in between checking on the mama cows

and newborn calves.


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love to see these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a Bunch! I enjoyed designing each individual leaf block....FUN!

      LuAnn

      Delete