Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Improv Houses....more houses

 

I spent some time at the wheel of my

sewing machine today...



I am stitching improv houses...





This is my original pull of fabrics...

mostly hand dyes and surface design fabrics

and a few commercial fabrics.




I pawed through the fabric cupboards

again today and found a few more fabrics

that might work for this quilt:


This is a new pile of darker black fabrics...

a mix of my hand dyed and commercial fabrics.






This is a new pile of white and black fabrics...

again a mix of my hand dyes 

and commercial fabrics.




This was my best find of the day:


I forgot this was in the fabric cupboard...

It is a Marcia Derse X Marks the Spot...

I will try this out as a background fabric.





This is my new and improved fabric stash

for the improv houses...





I am liking the Red X fabric...





I also like the darker black fabric...











Next time I get out to the Thread Shed

 I will put these new houses up 

on the design wall

and see if they get along with the

first improv house blocks I made.

More To Come !


CLICK HERE to view all my improv work


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi


No comments:

Post a Comment