Thursday, September 10, 2020

Hand Piecing and Peaches...


Our power has been out for several days so...



I have been english paper piecing

the borders on this horse panel quilt...




There are 4 borders...





I have this bottom border left to hand piece,
then I can put this baby together
and get on with the machine quilting.



The power came back on today...


I got busy canning these peaches...








We are enjoying the last of the summer flowers...


Thread Shed petunias, hollyhocks and dahlias


The deer have begun to come in the yard at night

and munch away on the petunias and hollyhocks.


Now that the power has been restored,

I am hoping to do some machine quilting soon.


Enjoy these last few days of summer!


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

9 comments:

  1. Love your border on this! It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your creativity with the border! Glad you have power back. Are the fires far away from you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pamela, We have experienced a week of dense smoke in our little valley that was brought in by the east wind. Air quality has been so poor it makes your eyes water if you spend any time out of doors. The closest fire to us is on the coast, about 15 miles away as the crow flies. The wind has changed and is now pushing the smoke to the north so we are hoping our valley will clear up soon. Many thanks for your kind comments.
      My Best To You,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. The panel and addition of your hex's are wonderful!!!! At least you stay busy even without power! Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robbie, We have had so much smoke here from all of the wild land fires going on in Oregon right now. The east wind just blew all of the smoke into our tiny little valley last week. The hand piecing helped get my mind off of all that smoke and poor visibility. I am hoping to stay motivated, now that the power has been restored, and finish the piecing so I can get to the machine quilting. I am hoping to hang the horse wall quilt in our livingroom some day.

    Take Good Care,
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your horse quilt and your border is amazing!!! I hope the smoke blows away from your valley...makes life difficult when you can't do much of anything outside without eye and breathing problems!! The entire west coast feels like it is under attack! Thankfully I have not lost power here in Nevada and the fires aren't too close to the farm in Washington!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your border is so creative. That quilt is going to amazing when done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your very kind comments.

      My Best To You,
      LuAnn

      Delete