Saturday, November 3, 2018

Pat Pauly Workshop...


I recently attended a SAQA workshop

with Pat Pauly



Here we are in Coburg, Oregon

at the workshop...






Here is Pat Pauly explaining some of her

abstract art quilting techniques...




Her specialty is.....surface design work:


As you can see,

she has a great deal of FUN creating her fabrics!















She brought along a trunk full of her quilts...



This workshop was all about abstract design:


Pat would explain a technique,

then send us back to our seats 

to execute her instructions:
















Then, we would bring our samples up

and Pat would discuss our work...


I enjoyed Pat's teaching style...

She packed so much design inspiration

into one day!





This was my favorite design 

I completed that day...











Thank You Pat and SAQA

for a FUN workshop.



Pat took this image of Nancy and I

with our abstract quilts:


She included it in one of her blog posts...







CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

3 comments:

  1. LuAnn, Wow! Looked like a great class and love your results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat Pauly is so much FUN and she is so generous with her knowledge....she packs so much into just one day. I would love to spend a week with her and get into actual surface design work on fabric.

    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun it would be to take the fabrics you create yourself to make a quilt like these!! Thanks for introducing me to another quilter!!

    ReplyDelete