Thursday, April 26, 2018

Spring Time @ Kessi Farms...

Spring has arrived here in Western Oregon



I am not listening to the hum of 

my sewing machine.

I am hearing the ROAR of the tractor...






I am spending this week in the hay fields...

dragging mole hills.






The light spots on the right side, are mole hills.

Knocking down mole hills keeps the hay crop 

cleaner when we mow hay in June.





This juvenile bald eagle

kept me company while I was on the tractor.







This adult bald eagle

also kept watch over the hay field.



Just as I stepped off the tractor,

one of our heifers was giving birth:


I was able to catch the delivery on video.

Enjoy the video:


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

8 comments:

  1. Oh LuAnn, your land is absolutely gorgeous and the wildlife is so cool! I read your blog all the time and have for awhile. I don't always comment but I want you to know how much I enjoy it. I love the quilting and other crafty endeavors as well as your life around the farm posts! It's very interesting, every bit of it!
    Thanks for sharing it.
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. It brings back so many memories of growing up on a dairy farm in southeast Tennessee. Except for the eagle ~ none spotted back in the 1950-60"s .
    A long admirer of your quilting and your art, as well as your hands on life on the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So enjoyed your post today! Loved all the photos and the video!
    nikilsend(at)outlook(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God!!! How touching !! Mother of the cow jumped up to help the child !!! Cute baby in the arms of his caring mother! You are very fond of hogs! You are good people !! I'm touched!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your magnificent photos and videos show us beautiful nature, birds, flowers and your beautiful blankets !! I love your place !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LuAnn, I never thought about mole hills yet it makes sense.
    Beautiful eagle photos, thanks!
    Oh and mama heifer had her work cut out for her to give birth to that beautiful baby. :) Great camera you have to get such a clear shot from so far away.
    Thanks always,
    Christina in SW FL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the excitement!

    ReplyDelete