Saturday, July 1, 2017

Abstract Art Quilt.....Choosing a Design



Last month I spent some time creating

Abstract Art Quilt Inspiration Cards






5 x 8 index cards

fabric stitched onto cards



It was difficult to decide on just one design...




I have narrowed my choice down to these 3:


Number 1






Number 2






Number 3




I took the 3 designs to the copy shop

and enlarged them 400% to 20 x 32 inches:


They look even better enlarged...

This will be the actual size of the quilt.

















I just may have to make them all!






We continue to work in the hay fields...






We worked cattle yesterday...






The Foxgloves are blooming...






and so are the CA Poppies.


I will try and make time in the Thread Shed

to begin fabric selection for the

Abstract Quilt Design...


More to Come!





CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,


LuAnn Kessi

4 comments:

  1. I liked all of your post cards. I am looking forward to seeing your process with the ones you chose. Beautiful land you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LuAnn, OMG! I love these. My favorite is the first one but I think they will all be beautiful. Can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one busy lady!!! Can't wait to see what you end up doing with these! I know it will be wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your support Robbie! The enlarged patterns really have me jazzed up and the juices are flowing. I hope to start choosing fabrics this coming week…..pretty exciting stuff…

    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete