Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Silhouette Quilt Top......pieced



I have been discharging lots of 

dark hand dyes this summer...


I put a few up on the design wall and came

up with this composition that appeals to me...






I pieced it together today...

It is the size of a large lap quilt.



Close Up view of Discharge Work:
































Now....what to put on the back?




Hollyhocks growing alongside the guest house:


They are nearly as tall as the house...






Summer would not be summer

without a patch of hollyhocks in the yard!






They are so simple to grow...

drought tolerant, I never water them, ever...

They re-seed themselves.





I have them mulched with hazelnut shells

so I never ever do any weeding in this bed.





Hollyhocks....the perfect flower




While I was taking photos of the flowers...


These two cuties kept peeping at me!

Their nest must be nearby and they don't

want me anywhere around it.






White Crowned Sparrow






CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,


LuAnn Kessi

2 comments:

  1. Love your little discharge quilt! This is the first year for Hollyhocks here and I absolutely love them too. And those birdies! So cute! Our bluebird couple have finished laying their 5 eggs. This is our third set this season. I hope they all grow up to be healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece is wonderful!!! So interesting...white crowned sparrow? WOW! Very unique!!

    ReplyDelete