Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Wholecloth Pillow...



I am at Quilt Retreat all week...



A few weeks ago I did some practice quilting

on this Damask napkin

in preparation for a wholecloth quilt 

I am planning.






Today @ retreat I turned it into a pillow

16 x 16 inches






My practice sandwiches usually get thrown into 

a pile or stuffed in the cupboard...






This was just too pretty to get tossed aside...






I am ready to move on and design 

a wholecloth quilt.




I had some time in the afternoon to

play around with this vine design:


You can view my Wild Vine Tutorial HERE







The Wild Vine stitched out nicely 

on this practice sandwich.







Ralph, The Quilting Kitty,

is having a great time @ Quilt Retreat

all this week!


Farm Report:

37 calves on the ground,

another set of twins, the mother loves both of them!



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi



4 comments:

Lynda said...

LuAnn, Beautiful pillow!! Sounds like you are having fun!

Becky said...

I love your vine / feathers. Have you ever thought of having them digitized by one of the companies and then sell them to people like me who can't do free-motion but can make my Intelliquilter quilt most anything?? Please!

claudia said...

That pillow is so pretty!

Robbie said...

I think you said the pillow fabric was a napkin?? It just shines and has some texture on it...very stunning!!! Happy for the new twins!!