Saturday, December 1, 2012

Green Quilt.....Basted & Ready to Quilt


Day 7


I started this quilt last spring...

I haven't touched it since July....eek!

It is now basted and ready to go under the needle:


Green & White Quilt  109 inches



Time to audition thread:


I spooled all of these threads out onto the quilt surface.

I am hoping to find one that blends with the white and the greens.






This creamy yellow thread will work for the top...

Sulky PolyLite 60wt
Made in Italy



 Thread for the back of the quilt:


This is Yellow thread, but reads brassy in this photo.

It blends nicely with the yellow and green backing fabric.



Top and Bottom Threads


Sulky PolyLite is a newer thread on the market.

It is light weight and doesn't attract too much attention...

Just what I am hoping for.



 I have been playing with quilting motifs:


Since this quilt is for my favorite guy, I am trying to keep

the quilting masculine.




I always make a few extra blocks so I can play around

with some free motion quilting:


The creamy yellow thread blends in beautifully with the

white and dark green fabrics






Testing out threads gives me a chance to warm up my

quilting fingers!






The bobbins are filled...

The tension is adjusted just right...

I am all warmed up and ready to stitch...





The quilt is on the Sweet 16 table...






The table is 6 feet wide...




 This is where I will spend the rest of the day:


I am thinking 3 or 4 days to get this quilted.

More to Come!


CLICK HERE to view:  My Quilting Sketches

CLICK HERE to view:  Sketch Book posts

CLICK HERE to view:  All Green Quilt posts

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi

4 comments:

  1. I love this quilt and can't wait to see it finished. Do you quilt all your quilts on the Sweet 16 or do you have a longarm as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marls,

    Until the Sweet 16 came along a year ago, I quilted bed quilts on my little Bernina with 7 inches of throat space. The Sweet 16 has 16 inches of space, which seems like a football field of room to me!
    No long arm for me. I'll save them for the pros.
    My Best To You,
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your process. Very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Again, thanks for showing your thinking process

    ReplyDelete