Sunday, December 9, 2012

Collage Houses.....1-2-3


I spent the day preparing new class samples

for  House Collage Class next week:



Fusible Timtex....cut into house shape




Now the FUN begins:


Fuse fabric scraps onto the Timtex house...






I put on a few scraps, then fuse, then add more scraps...






This is the third little house.....they are addicting!






This makes a good background....but they need a focal point.




 I pulled out the stencils:


I decided to go with a bird theme.....the RAVEN is my muse




 Then I pulled out the Thermofax Screens:


Margaret Applin just made this feather screen for me...






These are becoming......bird houses!






The last house is stenciled and screened...




They still need something more:


I pulled out my lunch box full of found metal objects...

The metal house numbers play nicely with the stenciled numbers.





Fused Collage Houses

The students will be able to complete these in a 3 hour class.






Labels fused to the back.

Rusted Fabric scraps made great backing fabric.




I decided to do a final photo shoot with the RAVEN:


All of the sudden.....GUNNR is interested in what is going on






Yup, he is up on the table to get a personal introduction

to the RAVEN...



Let's shake hands Mr. Raven:


I'm Gunnr.....nice to meet you!



CLICK HERE to view:  Margaret Applin Designs

CLICK HERE to view:  Thermofax Printing

CLICK HERE to view:  Stenciling

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi

7 comments:

  1. Your houses are absolutely stunning! But Gunner, now that's just priceless. LOL I really enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smile, the picture of your dog was wonderful. The project is real nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or "I'm Gunnr and I will eat you"

    Cool houses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great houses! I must ask a stupid question though....do you use them as is or applique them to fabric or frame them? I have never used Timtex and don't know how stiff it may be....

    ReplyDelete
  5. No questions is stupid.....
    Timtex is very stiff and lies flat. The house quilts can be hung as they are with some sort of hanging device sewed to the back. They can also be mounted onto stretched canvas and hung that way. Yes, they can be appliqued to a background and displayed that way. Lots of options, which I always appreciate and enjoy!

    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gunnr is fabulous! I love those houses, and the bird theme and the Raven. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete