Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summer @ Kessi Farms...


Summer is in full swing here at home...


I am working on a piece for a class the end of this month:


 I just finished up with the basic design for this
Mermaid Paper Doll Quilt...



The background is basted together and ready to go
under the needle:
Silver or Gold Metallic Thread should define the
sea weed design on this fabric.



This is what our yard looks like right now:

 It is Hay season here in Western Oregon.
My husband works out of our garage to do machinery repairs...
so our yard is Hay Central this month.



 He is replacing the blades on the hay mower.



Just across the river is one of the hay fields:
 Most of the hay has been mowed in this field...






Our youngest son is here rebuilding and painting
 our yard fence:
 After 25 years of a white fence...
we chose sage green paint.
It blends in nicely with our surroundings.



 The yearling cattle are always interested in what is going on around the house.



The Thread Shed sits to the right of the barn
 just inside the yard fence:
As soon as the haying is done,
we are replacing the old linoleum floor 
in the Thread Shed with wood laminate.

I guess July is a month to get things done here!


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view:  Thread Shed

CLICK HERE to view:  Fire in the Hay Field 2011

CLICK HERE to view:  Paper Doll Quilt Class 2010

CLICK HERE to view:  FREE Mermaid Pattern


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi

2 comments:

  1. I love the mermaid! I also enjoyed looking at the paper doll class. Do you have the body pattern for sale somewhere?
    I would love to have a set. I think it would be fun to do with horses too! I am going to have to look through some coloring books and find a horse I can joint. Thanks, there goes the rest of my day- lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl,
    I just added a link to the FREE Mermaid Paper Doll Pattern.
    By the way, this link has rubber stamps that fit the size of the paper doll faces.....yes, I bought some already to use in class this month.
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete