Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mermaid.....Paper Doll Quilt



I decided to finish up this class sample...



It's for a Permission 2 Play class July 26th...






I quilted the background with metallic thread...





It adds a little sparkle to the all blue fabric





I cut up a large floral fabric for the
coral at the bottom of the ocean






I found a flesh color fabric for the mermaid body
and a shiny fabric for her tail...






Her skin looks too bland...





I painted her skin with metallic paint...
much better





I finished it off with





Added hanging triangles on back
and a label

CLICK HERE:  Hanging Triangles Tutorial



Mermaid Paper Doll Quilt
13 x 14 inches

CLICK HERE:  Free Paper Doll Patterns

CLICK HERE to view:  Paper Doll Class Slide Show

CLICK HERE to view:  Permission 2 Play


CLICK HERE to view:  My Cord Edge Treatment Tutorial




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi

2 comments:

  1. I just love your work, so many ideas there I want to try out!!!!! That mermaid quilt is just gorgeous (for a while now I have been planning a Great Barrier Reef Quilt, so especially interested in your underwater theme :-)). First time I have noted your hanging triangles, they look like a great idea (esp. as I'm not into handstitching hanging sleeves lol). Any tips and tricks for these? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monika,
    I have added a link to the Hanging Triangles tutorial (just below the picture of the triangles on my quilt)
    http://www.alzquilts.org/paqdisplay.html
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete