Saturday, October 3, 2009

Evolution of a Quilter.....Virtual Tour of Exhibit 8



Virtual Quilt Tour Continues...


Click Images to Enlarge:

Memories of Yellowstone

While traveling through Montana in 1997 on our family vacation to Yellowstone Park I found this pattern , Buffalo Camp, at a quilt store in Missoula.

This quilt represents one of my first attempts at free-motion machine quilting and machine appliqué.

Blue Ribbon Benton County Fair 2001

LuAnn McDonald Kessi

Harlan, Oregon

http://luannkessi.blogspot.com/

Techniques: Machine Piecing, Fusible Web Machine Appliqué, Free Motion Machine Quilting


Everyone of us is creative. We have the ability to weave the magic of creativity in our everyday lives. This creative light can shine from the center of our heart and radiates for all to see and be inspired by. When we choose to live in that creativity, the joy becomes infectious. --Unknown




Tatanka

(Indian for Buffalo)

My husband’s respect and admiration for the buffalo inspired me to create this original design for him.

This was the very first quilt created in my new Thread Shed Brad built for me in 2001.


LuAnn McDonald Kessi

Harlan, Oregon

http://luannkessi.blogspot.com/


Techniques: Machine Piecing, Fusible Machine Appliqué, Free Motion Machine Quilting

Blue Ribbon Benton County Fair 2002


Establishing goals is all right if you don't let them deprive you of interesting detours. --Doug Larson



You can view my quilts in person if you are in the Corvallis, Oregon area.
CLICK HERE for more info.


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

To see my New Work CLICK HERE

To see the Thread Shed CLICK HERE

To see my Exhibit Quilts CLICK HERE

To see Tutorials CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment