Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm So Happy I Can't Stop Smiling.....

This is a class sample for a Permission 2 Play class the end of March. I just completed it lastnight. This journal quilt combines several new techniques for me.
* This is my first attempt at shaving creaming printing. I have included a tutorial on this method in this blog.
* This is the first time I have worked with silk in quilting art. The silk loved the dyenaflow ink.
* This is the first time I have played with the Free-Motion Couching Foot.

Click Images to Enlarge Them:








I found this cord at the thrift store for 50 cents. It went too perfect with the black ink on the silk.....I just had to give it a try and see if it would work. It is rather thick and round, but it fit through the free-motion couching foot, so I gave it a try.


I used the Bernina 43 Free-Motion Couching foot. It worked flawlessly. It has very good directions. It works like a darning or free-motion foot; you drop the feed dogs and quilt with it......except that it couches cording as you quilt along. It was developed by the thread play queen, Libby Lehman.


Click here to see a video of the free-motion couching foot demonstrated.



Since the class sample quilt was completed, it was time for some fun.........ring.......ring.......ring........my 5 year old niece called to invite me to her birthday pedicure party...........so I spent the afternoon with some of my favorite girls.


My little niece sat beside me exclaiming, "I am so happy.....I can't stop smiling!"



Here we are after our pedicures.......you can't tell in this photo, but we are all smiling.

p.s. To See more Shaving Cream Prints Click HERE

To see more posts on Permission 2 Play CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE to view My Quilts


Wishing You a day full of Smiles,
LuAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment