Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Spectators

Click on this image to enlarge it...........


You will see the red barn in the center of the photo.....just to the left is a small yellow building......this is the Thread Shed.....built in 2000 by my husband. This is where I spend most of my time. I have a lovely view of Marys Peak as I sit at my sewing machine; I can watch the horses munching on hay in the barn and listen to the hens clucking softly. I am also being watched........I can just feel it. I have become a spectator sport. When the windows are open I can hear them breathing as they watch me. I am never alone......the spectators are always there.


This is my view out the window of the Thread Shed. Yes, these are the spectators. I think the hum of the sewing machine grabs their attention. They push each other around trying to get the best view through the big picture window. They can spend hours watching me make quilts.......I am never alone.



Hanging clothes on the line also fascinates the spectators.......



Jockey shorts, t-shirts and most any kind of laundry can really draw a crowd around this place..........I am never alone.


In the spring they watch me plant the garden and tend to the flowerbeds. They are very interested when Brad is BBQ-ing on the patio out back. Our children are grown and no longer live at home, but we will never really be alone...........the spectators are always watching.

When I am not making quilts, I am somewhere here on the farm with my camera.


CLICK HERE to view My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment