Friday, October 4, 2024

Autumn Leaves...


We are having a beautiful, dry autumn here

in Western Oregon... 


It has me inspired to create leaves...





I have enough for 4 table runners...



We were coming home from feeding

cattle this morning and I just had to

stop and take a few pictures:

This is the view of our home place 

from the road...





The red maple trees in the yard are really

putting on a show...





I press some of those red leaves

to put on our Thanksgiving table each year...





We have begun feeding cattle...





The cows look forward to a fresh bale of hay...





The cattle know the sound of our vehicle

when we come to deliver the hay and they

chase us down the road to the bale feeder...





This is Eleanor...

She is a yearling and will be part of our

cow herd next year.





This is Butter Cup...

We are also keeping her as a replacement heifer.

She is bred and will have her first calf next Spring.





Oh, how I love these girls !

They are so sweet and beautiful.

We look forward to seeing them each day.


View my Instagram feed HERE


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi 


2 comments:

  1. Going to be a beautiful Fall project. I have always loved this particular leaf design, for the crisp points and shape. It will also work well for the seasonal colors outside your beautiful home. You will have lovely additions to your cows next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dgs for a very kind and thoughtful comment.
      Much Appreciated,
      LuAnn

      Delete