Thursday, February 29, 2024

Christmas Tree Quilt Top...


I have a request for a Christmas Quilt...

 


I found this image online...





I gathered up the fabrics...





It took 2 full days to get all of the cutting done...





When I began the piecing,

I numbered each row...





I also made a notation as to which way

the seam allowance was pressed on each row...

this will nest the seams together.





The first 4 rows are up on the design wall...





6 rows....the tree is coming to life...





8 rows...





10 rows...





12 rows...





15 rows...

The tree trunk and packages show up !





17 rows...

The quilt top is complete.

Need to find something to back this with.





Just outside the door of the Thread Shed

the Camellia Bush is blooming...




Spring is not far away...

We are expecting baby calves next week !


View my Instagram feed HERE


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi



4 comments:

  1. Love that candy cane border and the sweet feel of the whole quilt! As always, your place looks fabulous with all the beautiful flowering bushes. Annick H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Annick ! The candy cane border is really what sold me on this quilt design. It is for my grand girl who requested a Christmas quilt for her bed.
      Many Thanks,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. Super cute Christmas quilt and the colors are fabulous!!! So sweet. Love that spring is about here, although this new cold snap is a bit worrisome!! My camellia bush is just starting to bloom, but the flowers are not going to appreciate the cold snap and rain!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha, Many thanks for your kind comments. We are getting a pretty good dusting of snow again this morning. It is coming too close to calving season....we expect our first calf March 6th.

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete