Saturday, February 3, 2024

Migrating Geese...

 

Today is the day...


I am teaching myself to piece

Migrating Geese





I am using this 

Migrating Geese Technique Sheet













The technique sheet was easy to follow.

At this point the geese are 

cut and pieced into units...






Here are a few geese ready to stitch into a row...





You alternate right side then left side

as you stitch the seams...





Four geese stitched together at this point.

I will add the yellow goose at the top

onto the right side...





You just keep adding geese until it is

the desired length.

At the end of the row you will add

two triangles at the top to complete it.





This is my first completed 

Migrating Geese row...





Five rows of Migrating Geese

up on the design wall...





These are FUN and they pile up quickly...





I have no idea what I will do with them...

they were interesting to learn.





This is Althea Red

She is 4 years old and having her calf in March.

We have two other Althea heifers...

one has a blue tag and the other a pink tag.

Althea Red has a red tag.


View my Instagram feed HERE


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi


14 comments:

  1. Maybe you could use them for borders around one of your many beautiful panels. Annick H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annick, I tried to find a panel that would work with the migrating geese, but nothing seemed right. I turned them into table runners for gift giving.

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. OMG!
    This is gorgeous!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. I have having a lot of FUN with these. Spent the day quilting them today.

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. I wasn't aware of the Migrating Geese Technique. I love what you are creating. Thanks for sharing and inspiring, as i now want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, give this a try. You only live once.....try it!

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! But, but, but....are those bias edges?! Every stinkin' one of 'em? Brave, brave, confident woman! :)

    maggie in Washington

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maggie, Don't let no stinkin' bias edges scare you! This is easier than it looks. So glad I gave it a try.

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  5. That looks like a lot of fun I might have to give it a try. Althea Red is beautiful! I hope she has an easy delivery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vicki, Yes, they ended up being much easier than I anticipated. I will definitely use them as borders on a quilt someday. Althea Red is such a sweet young cow. She talks to me each morning when I am feeding her.

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  6. They are beautiful. They are very intimidating but actually easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Pamela, I thought they would be difficult too. Such a clever technique. Glad I gave it a try.

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  7. Hi LuAnn, I just notices how you set your small Bernina table on your big wooden table. Do you have a post that shows 'how' you got your sewing machine flush with your big table? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dahn,
      I have my Bernina on an old computer table. There is a recessed place for a computer keyboard, that is where I set my Bernina. The extension table on the Bernina sits level with the top of the table above the keyboard area. It works like a charm. I have done this same set up with my other machines and it works great.

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete