Monday, November 14, 2022

Improv Stars...


I am playing around with a stitch and flip

improv technique... 


Improv Stars





This is what my work table looks like today...





I pawed through my scrap bin and 

pulled out a few jewel tone scraps

and sorted them by color...





I also found this...
I placed strings under white cotton
and rubbed over the top with thickened dye.





I cut it into 2 1/5 inch strips,
then cut it into 2 1/5 inch squares
and 2 1/5 x 4 1/5 rectangles





Then I stitched triangle shapes

to the corners...





The 4 squares go in the center,
the rectangles create the star points...





Here's one in progress...

white background pieces on flannel board





Big triangles stitched to rectangles...





smaller triangles stitched to squares in center...











Improv Stars......FUN !


CLICK HERE to see more Stitch and Flip


CLICK HERE: view all Improv posts


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi


4 comments:

  1. Hey LuAnn
    1 Everything okay?

    maggie in WA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie....thanks for checking in on me, very sweet of you. I have been down for the count with a bad chest cold since Thanksgiving. I am getting back, inch by inch....starting to feed cattle and do chores with the Cowboy.

      Many Thanks,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness--I lost your blog when my old computer died with all my bookmarks!!!! I am SO happy I found you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Dahn.....so glad you found me again!

      Happy Holidays,
      LuAnn

      Delete