Sunday, December 25, 2022

Catching Up With You...


We are still here ! 


I have been spending a lot of my time

feeding cattle....not so much sewing.






The Cowboy and I are a team...

I drive the hay wagon

and the Cowboy feeds the hay.





The cattle are scattered around...

we feed them in 5 different locations

every day.






We have been enjoying dry, frosty mornings

here in wet, wet, wet Western Oregon !












All of the cows are bred

and will begin calving in February 2023.






This is Doll Face......we just love her !





The Cowboy makes dealing with these
 
round bale feeders look easy...

they're big and awkward.





Another frosty morning with the cattle...






The goats are all doing just great,

here are two of them...

Little Lotta and her son Little Louie






It is salmon spawning season here along

the Big Elk River...

A pair of eagles sit in a snag above the river

and do their fishing just outside the back door.






Frozen leaves are always a favorite of mine...










I am in the 6th week of recovering from

a chest cold....cough, cough, cough!

I think I am gaining on it and was able

to do a bit of stitching this week,

My Reflections of Autum quilt top

is ready for the borders.



I just could not let the day go by

without wishing you all Happy Holidays!


CLICK HERE: view all Improv posts


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

8 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you and your husband and all those cows. Hopefully you will soon be well and ready to go at full steam again! Cheers, Linda E in NM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanks Linda and Happy Holidays to you and yours!

      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. I am so glad to hear from you! The weather has been so ugly everywhere that I was thinking about you and hoping that your family and all your animals were doing well. Thank you for the good wishes. I hope you had a great Christmas with family and that your 2023 will be filled with beautiful quilts and healthy calves and other animal babies. Hope you are also rid of your cold. Annick H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanks Annick for your well wishes. Each day I cough less and feel a bit better. I will be back on the sunny side of life real soon.

      Wishing you and yours all the best in the New Year 2023,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. I still enjoy your blog. Glad you are still there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking in with me Donaleen. We have been without power from the storm this week so I have been without water and electric and internet.

      LuAnn

      Delete
  4. A belated Merry Christmas and the happiest of the new year to you and your family!!! Look forward to more posts in 2023!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robbie, I am no longer being notified when someone leaves a comment on this blog? Not sure why? I guess I will need to check on my own regularly. Always good to hear from you.

      All The Best,
      LuAnn

      Delete