Sunday, May 8, 2022

Large Florals...

 

This is what the sewing table looks like

out in the Thread Shed today...



I am cutting and piecing gorgeous florals...





These are part of the Modern Love collection...





I am a sucker for large floral fabrics...






They look like a watercolor painting...











I am trimming 158 bias squares...





The Bloc Loc rulers are the only way to go

when you are trimming bias squares...





After the bias squares are trimmed,

I pieced them into pinwheel blocks...





All of the units are cut out and pieced

and ready for the design wall...





This is the center panel of the quilt...

This is 42 inches tall





Surrounding the center panel with blocks...






How FUN !






Lots of movement with those pinwheel blocks...
















All of the units are up on the design wall.

I hope to make it back out to the Thread Shed

soon to begin piecing the top together.

More to Come...


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts



May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

#LuAnn


14 comments:

  1. That Modern Love fabric is absolutely gorgeous. I cannot wait to see it when it is all sewn together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a lovely line of fabric.....hard to resist. I plan to add an edge treatment so it will fit on my queen bed.

      Happy Spring,
      LuAnn in Western Oregon

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Lynda! This one is going on our bed.

      Happy Spring,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. What a clever pattern! I love those fabrics, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this design goes together rather quickly....surprised me!


      Many Thanks,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  4. That fabric is so beautiful. The quilt is going to be fabulous! I have a question - did Felix stay with the cows or has he headed off to be with his herd?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Patty, Felix stayed with the cow herd for 3 months. He was content and felt safe and enjoyed being fed hay each morning. One morning we showed up to feed and Felix was gone. From the elk tracks in the field, we could see that an elk herd moved through and he joined up with them. It was a great experience for us to see him up close each day, but we are happy that he is where he belongs.

      My Best To You,
      LuAnn

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the update. Three months was a long time for him to hang out with the cows. Now he needs to learn to be an elk again, but I bet when his stomach growls he will thing of that sweet hay!

      Delete
    3. Yes, we also think of the same thing. The elk travel through the pastures frequently and I wonder if he feels at home when he stops by?

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  5. LuAnn, It's beautiful!! I agree with you . . . buying that fabric would be very hard to resist. There are too many fabrics that just seem to call my name. Your projects inspire me to sew, sew, sew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! So many beautiful fabrics....we sleep better knowing that we have them in our cupboard!

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  6. You are doing a great job with your panel and pinwheels. Can't wait to see the finish. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pamela. I have the quilt top pieced together and found a backing for it yesterday. I hope to get it basted together this week.
      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete