Sunday, May 29, 2022

Improv Piecing and Spring in Western Oregon...


I am trying to finish up some improv pieces

I started back in 2020... 







I put a few up on the design wall...





I have a good start...

I think I will make lots more !




I went through the scrap bag and found pieces

leftover from a hexagon quilt I made

quite a few years ago:


I separated the scraps by color...





Doesn't this just make you want to

sit down and stitch?






While I stitch improv triangles,

I can see how they work together

across the room on the design wall...



I haven't spent too much time

at the sewing machine lately...


I have been behind the wheel of the tractor

spraying tansy in the pastures here at home...





The goats are not very happy about

that noisy tractor in their pasture !






These Boer Goats love to eat

the blackberry vines in our fields...

I call them our "Weed Eaters."





They love to come up to the yard fence

and beg for Ritz crackers...



Our Canada Geese population

is really growing the last few years:


The geese in the pasture were not bothered

at all by the tractor...






They continued to graze while

I drove the tractor around...









The Iris bed is beginning to bloom:


It is FUN to watch for the first blooms

each Spring...











The Hostas are beginning to emerge...






The Rhodie buds are just opening...



Our calving season ended in May and we have 

lots of beautiful calves in the pastures:


We drove across the river to check on the 

replacement heifers

and their first calves...




 
They are young and curious and come right up

to our vehicle to check us out...





Within minutes, we are surrounded by them...





Always FUN to spend time with the young cattle !


CLICK HERE to view all Improv posts


CLICK HERE to view all Fabulous Finishes 2022


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts



May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

#LuAnnKessi

2 comments:

  1. The calves are so cute!! So are the goats - one looks pregnant!! As always, your flowers are gorgeous (iris are my favorite)!! Love your improv geese and can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are enjoying the blog.....I enjoy writing it!

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete