Friday, October 18, 2019

Quilt Retreat Week...


I attended the annual

Harlan Valley Quilters Autumn Quilt Retreat



It was a fun week listening to the hum

of sewing machines !





I spent the week creating lots and lots of

Zipper bags...



This summer I dyed a few pieces of fabric

in the indigo bucket:


I used red leather to create the handles

and the bottom of the bag...





This is my first time sewing leather...

I found it easy to work with.





The lining is also indigo fabric.





This tote bag is created from

home dec sample fabrics...





I did a bit of quilting...

the handles were installed with

double cap rivets.




The lining is also home dec sample fabrics.





On Friday...

I taught a Confetti Bag Class.


What a FUN week !





CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time and you got lots done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it was such a productive week for everyone there!

      Many thanks for your comments,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. Yes, those sweet robin's egg blue singers are just beautiful. This one came from a church rummage sale for $10. You just never know when you will find a treasure.

    Many thanks for your comment,
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. LuAnn, you are so multi-talented!!! Quilts, bags, your own dyed fabrics, working with leather!!! Wow, and you are awesome at driving a tractor!!! Love your bags!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Farm Quilter,
      It was great to have an entire week in from of a sewing machine! We all inspired one another to get lots created! It was wonderful to listen to the hum of a sewing machine, rather than the roar of a tractor engine!

      Many Thanks for your always wonderful comments,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  4. Love your cute SELVEDGE bags, and the confetti bags too. You have been so busy stitching up a storm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so wonderful to have an entire week dedicated to creating beautiful things!

      Many Thanks for your comment,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  5. LuAnn, Wow! You are so productive!! Love all of your bags and the leather - ooh la la. I have some cork and even that kraft tex I need to try with my bags. And those confetti bags, way cute! Thanks for the inspiration this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda,
      I have been wanting to sew leather for quite some time. I just jumped in with both feet to see what I could create. It was great FUN. I also have some cork I want to try out. I would love to see what you create with yours!

      My Best To You,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  6. Love the indigo/leather bag!!! So cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Robbie,
    Thanks so much! That blue indigo was just begging to be paired with the red leather. They love each other!

    Many thanks for your comment,
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete