Saturday, October 20, 2018

Machine Quilting....Rulers and Free Motion


I have a warm up sandwich for playing with

Machine Quilting Rulers...



I recently played with the Flying Geese ruler...

Click the image to see close up view




Now, this is FUN!










I have also played with a few arc rulers,

then filled the areas in with 

free motion motifs....










I think I am ready to try these rulers out

on a real quilt soon.





You can watch Jamie Wallen in action with 

the flying geese rulers....CLICK HERE



Nobody told the flowers it is autumn...


This iris just bloomed today...





The roses out front are gorgeous...











The Dinner Plate Dahlia is.....stunning!













But, it really is autumn....


The grape leaves are 

throwing so much color at us!























The October Glory tree..... looks like this:










The Pacific Sunset Tree..... looks like this:







I took this image this evening 

as the sun was setting

on our West Fork Barn...

Autumn is here, 

whether the flowers like it or not.






CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

5 comments:

  1. Positively gorgeous quilting LuAnn! Love your autumn blooms and colors. Wonderful, thank you!
    Christina in SW FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh LOVE the pictures of your flowers (that iris !) and the leaves ! Beautiful where you live !!!!!
    I take it you did the "flying geese" with the ruler and the rest (inside and outside free motion ?
    HA your "free" hand is VERY steady !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I played around with the flying geese ruler then filled it in with free motion feathers. The ruler is very easy to use. Jamie Wallen's video tutorial helped me a great deal.
      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. Your garden is a glorious mixture of spring and autumn!!! Love it!! Your quilting is wonderful and rulers are so much fun to play with. I can't wait to see you use those rulers and fills on a real quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your practice piece is wonderful!!! I did watch Jamie's video...really slick!!! Oh no...another toy....ha Flowers are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete