Monday, February 20, 2017

Bright Batik Hexagons........Progress




Remember this stack of Hexagons?



Bright Batik Hexagons







I cut the fabrics and basted the hexagons 

2 months ago...






32 Hexagons




Here it is 2 months later:


180 Hexagons

These measure 3 inches 

along one side of the hexagon...

these are LARGE.







This has been a constant companion 

the last 2 months...






These bright batiks make me happy

just looking at and handling them!






A perfect project for this Western Oregon

dark and rainy winter.


More progress reports to come!







CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

6 comments:

  1. The colours pop of my telephone screen! They are huge. You have a lot done.
    Groetjes
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors!!!! They sooth my soul in the middle of this gray winter. It is often at this time of year that my most colorful work happens. It<s like craving colors.

    Your piece will be magnificent !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vbrant colors in these maxi hexies...this will be so beautiful...hugs, Julierose
    P.S. Love your little train case to house them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I'm not a hand-stitcher but.......this really makes me want to rethink it. Large hexagons would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love batiks and the bright ones are the best! Your hexagon quilt would cheer up any dreary, dark and rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your are so right; those hexagons are cheering. I like that they are larger which I imagine makes handling a little easier. Happy continued stitching!

    ReplyDelete