Thursday, February 16, 2017

Dresden Plate......Progress



I have been paper piecing dresden plates

 while riding along at 55mph...



They travel along with me in this train case...






they are addicting....like potato chips






I finally convinced myself to stop making more 

of them and actually put them into a quilt top...




I put together this very simple background:


This is a quilt for a toddler bed.






I am hoping the simple background will 

allow the  tiny dresden plates to shine...






I am planning to create a few LARGE dresdens

to be included in this composition...




Before applying the dresdens...


I will do all of the background quilting...






This will eliminate all of the machine quilting 

stops and starts

around all of the dresden plates.

This is my Monday project @ the Quilt Palace.

More to come next Monday!






CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

5 comments:

  1. Oh love those little dresdans--I've never paper-pieced those. A lot of hexagons, but not any other shapes really. So pretty--I like your idea of quilting first then appliqueing...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Dresden. And, as I'm always looking for projects to work on while traveling, you've inspired me. This would certainly be fun to work on while traveling. Total #CreativeGoodness

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background looks great for this little lovely dresden plates! Can't wait to see progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of quilting first. What a time saver. Love those little dresdans. They are going to be so cute on that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, that's going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete