Sunday, February 26, 2017

Weaning Calves...


It is a cold and wet morning here in

Western Oregon


We are weaning calves today...


First I thought I would show you a

cow portrait quilt I created a few years back:


Double Take

Created By: LuAnn Kessi





Here it is under the needle






This is one of our Cow and Calf pairs...

the calf is a chip off the old block



We live in the coastal mountain range

of Western Oregon


Mary's Peak has a fresh blanket of snow 

this morning.

This is our view as we head out 

to round up the cattle.






Our cattle ranch was homesteaded in 1911...

5 generations have lived and worked here.



 We have rounded up some of our

young cattle this chilly, wet morning...


The cows and calves will be 

ear tagged, wormed and vaccinated






3 year old mama cows






8 month old calves


I took lots of video during the day and 

edited it down to a few minutes.  

CLICK BELOW to watch LIVE

how our day went with the cattle.



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox




CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi


4 comments:

  1. I tried to send you two emails but they came back it said that your email box is full

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the video, I never realized the calves had to be weaned. Yes, it's obvious I'm not a farm person but love watching the videos and see the reality of all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cow photos always make me smile - the ear tags look like they're wearing fancy earrings!
    Now they just need tiaras...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty interesting. I've never had a cow, so I have no clue what goes on with them!
    Thanks for the videos!

    ReplyDelete