Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chicken Quilt......Basted



I started this landscape quilt 10 years ago...


It got this far after 2 days.....then stopped.

It was put away and forgotten.




I pulled it out of the cupboard this week and was

inspired to complete it...


I placed black netting over the rock wall

 to tone down the white....much better.

I added a gold border.





This wood fabric might make a good outer border...

like a picture frame?





Wooden Fabric.....audition





If the corners were mitered....

it would look like a frame?






It worked!




I touched up the miters with black fabric paint to enhance them.





Each one of the red roses was painted by hand, 

cut out and stitched down to the leaf fabric......

it was worth it!





The quilt is basted and ready to go under the needle.





I am not working alone today...





The yearling cattle are just outside by the barn...





They are always interested 

in watching me make quilts!



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi



5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided to work on this or I wouldn't have met your chickens. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it a panel or did you fuse the chickens? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ineke,

    No, it's not a panel. Each element of the design was created one at a time. I have a large stash of landscape fabrics to choose from, so it went together quickly. The chickens were cut from fabric.
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt turned out great. I love your view from your studio window. We too have a view of the heifer pen across our driveway. They can be fun to observe as they are very curious and playful at times.

    ReplyDelete