Sunday I spent the day soaking fabric in vinegar, wrapping rusty objects inside the fabric, then bundling it up tight in plastic bags to rust outside in the hot sunshine.
48 Hours later...this is what I found:
Enjoy the Slideshow
CLICK HERE: to see My Quilts
Rust Dyeing Tips:
* Choose very rusty items.
* Soak fabric in vinegar before wrapping rusty items inside.
* You can also sprinkle rock salt inside the bundle.
* Odd shaped items should be wrapped with cord or wire to keep the fabric tightly wound around the rusty items.
* Wrap the bundle inside a plastic bag.
* Very HOT weather makes the rusting process go quickly.
* Place the bundles outside in the sunshine for 2 - 5 days.
* It was in the 90's here, so my fabric rusted in 2 days.
* After the rusting process, Soak the fabrics in a bucket of water with 1 cup of baking soda for a few hours.
* Rinse Rusted Fabrics outside with a hose, then place in the washing machine & dryer.
* Rusted Fabrics will lighten up after washing.
CLICK HERE to view these fabrics WASHED, DRIED & IRONED
CLICK HERE to view Rust Hunting
CLICK HERE to view the Cow Pony Quilt
CLICK HERE to view Classes
May Your Bobbin Always Be Full of Rust,