Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Heart Brooches....Progress


Heart Brooches 


I received a heart brooch years ago and

wore it pinned to my jackets for several years,

I loved it...





I pulled out my scrap bin and sorted red and pink

fabric scraps.  I stitched them down to small 

squares of batting...





It was great FUN and I couldn't stop making

those crazy quilted squares...

I made 2 dozen of them in pink and red





I made a heart template

cut out from a manila folder

and traced the heart shape onto the squares...





I stitched small trims by machine

and fabric flowers by hand

on top of the crazy patchwork squares...





The heart template helped determine

the best place to trace out the heart shape

onto the crazy patchwork squares...





Once all of the squares have been

decorated with trim,  I will add backing

fabrics and cut them out...

I will share the rest of the process soon !





Get your fabric and batting scraps out

and have some FUN !





Autumn has found us here in

Western Oregon...




We are feeding cattle across the river

from our home place...

All of the red maple trees in the yard

are putting on a show !


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi 


No comments:

Post a Comment