Friday, August 9, 2024

Wapiti....Wedding Quilt

 

I began stitching this quilt 4 months ago...



It started with an Elk fabric panel...





I added a light inner border to

brighten up this dark panel...





added a second green border...





then I began assembling 9 patch blocks

and decided to set them on point

to add some movement to the quilt...





in July added the two final borders...

blue tree fabric and yellow tree fabric.





Last week I got it....under the needle

of my Handi Quilter Sweet Sixteen Long Arm...



I took it for Show 'n Tell

to my local quilt group this week:


They helped me with a quick photo shoot...

the very sunny day bleached out the colors

a bit but you can see it in its' entirety...





This was created as a wedding quilt

for our friends who live along

The Big Elk River...




" Wapiti "

88 x 96 

Created By LuAnn Kessi

Harlan, Oregon

2024


Native American tribes hold the elk, Wapiti, 

in high esteem and consider him 

a relative—a relative who brings 

strength, endurance, and patience.


View my Instagram feed HERE


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi 


6 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful quilt, & sounds perfect for the recipients.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Marilyn. The wedding is later this month, so I am happy to have it completed and ready to wrap up.
      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful wedding gift this will be! Your border choices and the nine patches on point are just perfect. Janice@APositiveOutlook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on another beautiful finish. I'm sure the newlyweds will treasure this stunning quilt for many, many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am so happy to have this one done before the wedding! Ha Ha!
      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete