Tuesday, July 2, 2024

The Elk Wedding Quilt....


The last time I shared this quilt

it was in the design stage...


I completed all of the 9 patch blocks

and began piecing them into borders...



I completed the quilt top last month:


I had to re-cut the inner green border

to make the 9 patch border fit correctly...





Once the 9 patch borders were in place,

I added 2 more tree borders...





I have had this aspen trees 

with blue background 

fabric for years...

so happy to finally find a quilt for it.





The final border is also aspen trees

in the autumn with yellow leaves...

The quilt is 90 inches.



All of the fabrics for this quilt are from my stash

and I am so happy to finally find a home for them.


The quilt is now basted and on my

Sweet Sixteen Long Arm...

The wedding is in August.

I will try and get the machine quilting done

in between trips to the hay fields...

wish me luck !


CLICK HERE to view the start of this Quilt


View my Instagram feed HERE


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi 


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, it's gorgeous!
    Good luck finishing it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete