Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Fast Flower Quilt...

 I was in need of a comfort quilt 

for a dear friend...


I spent the weekend in the Thread Shed

and stitched up this floral quilt:


I pawed through the fabric cupboards

and found lots of large floral fabrics

leftover from previous quilts...it's a start !



The center of the quilt is a square

with very large pink iris:


These were only scraps of fabrics so I had

to use what I had.  I had just enough of the 

yellow to frame the center.

Then I built around the center like a log cabin

block until the quilt was lap size...



Here is a close up view of the fabrics:


The iris and tulips are the size of my hands...

It was so FUN to work with these 

large florals again !



By Day 2... I was machine quilting:


I quilted a quick overall curly design

and completed the machine quilting 

in a few hours.




I used a pink variegated thread and it blended

nicely on the dark and light fabrics both...





I had enough of the light pink rose fabric

to make the binding...




I was lucky to find several yards of this

large rose fabric in the cupboard 

for the backing...



Sometimes everything just falls into place,

you have everything you need...


I am putting this in the mail today

to comfort a dear friend.


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi


2 comments: